Capellini Thai Beef Salad is an advance version of the Thai dish “Larb” in which angel-hair pasta (capellini) has been added to turn it into salad.
- Capellini – 1/2 pound.
- Cooking oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Asian sesame oil – 3 tablespoons.
- Sliced almonds – 1/2 cup.
- Pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced – 1 jalapeño.
- Minced fresh ginger – 1 teaspoon.
- Ground beef – 1 1/2 pounds.
- Salt – 1 teaspoon per as per taste.
- Asian fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc mam)* – 1/4 cup.
- Scallions with green tops, chopped – 4 nos.
- Fresh mint finely chopped – 1 cup.
- Lime juice (from about 2 limes), plus 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving – 1/4 cup.
Read More: Maggi Bonda/Vada
- Cook the capellini for about 5 minutes in a large pot in salted boiling water.
- Drain the capellini thoroughly with cold water.
- Toss capellini in 1 & 2 tablespoons of the cooking oil and sesame oil respectively.
- Toast the almonds on low heat in a frying pan stirring frequently till they turn golden brown or else toast nuts in an oven for few moments and then chop them.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan over a high heat then add jalapeno, ginger, beef and salt cooking the beef for few minutes till it turn golden brown.
- Remove the heat, stir occasionally and add sesame oil, fish sauce, scallions, mint and lime juice.
- Put capellini on plates and top it with the beef salad.
- Sprinkle plate with minced jalapeno, chopped almonds.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Read More: Noodle Grilled Cheese with Meatballs
- Kindly add fish sauce little or else the meat would get salty.
Source: Food & Wine
Recipe by: Unknown