Maggi bonda / Vada or also known as Maggi balls is inspired from the famous Mumbai street food snack Vada pav or Wada pav. The ingredients used in the recipe is mostly from vada pav. I am pretty sure that this recipe will bring water in the mouths of the people who are missing vadapav and fond of maggi instant noodles. This recipe is good for a small party at your home and can be prepared in short time.
- Maggi or any other instant noodles – 1 packet.
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp.
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp.
- Asafoetida – ¼ Tsp.
- Potatoes (boiled & mashed) – 2 cups.
- Green Chilly & Ginger Paste – 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp.
- Coriander Leaves chopped – 1 tbsp.
- Besan – 1 cup.
- Baking soda – 1 pinch.
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Water as required.
- Oil (for deep frying).
Read More: Instant Noodle Cutlet/Croquette
- Cook instant noodles as per the instructions given on the packet. Keep it aside and allow it to cool.
- In a small pan, heat cooking oil and add mustard seeds till it crackles. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Switch off the flame. Keep the tempering aside.
- Mix well in a bowl, mix potatoes, green chilies and ginger paste, turmeric powder, coriander leaves, lemon juice, salt to taste, and the prepared tempering.
- Add instant noodles and mix gently do not break the noodles. Make small equal sized balls from the mixture. Keep in the refrigerator until required.
- Make thick batter using water in a separate bowl mixing besan, oil, baking soda and salt to taste (approx 1 cup).
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Dip balls into the thick batter. Coat the balls well with the batter and gently slide the balls in the hot oil.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Once golden brown remove the balls on paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Read More: Pav Bhaji Maggi
Source: Indian Recipes