Instant Noodle Cutlet/Croquette is a delicious croquette noodle recipe. A special recipe to surprise your kid and an attractive snack to your guests.
- Maggi masala noodles or any instant noodle packet – 1 packet.
- White/Wheat Bread slices – 2 nos.
- Potato – 1 no. (big).
- Fresh/frozen green Peas – 1/4 cup.
- Carrot, finely chopped – 1 no.
- Capsicum, finely chopped – 1 no.
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 no.
- Green chili, finely chopped – 2-3 nos.
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tsp.
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped – 1/4 cup.
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp.
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp.
- Lemon juice- 1/2 lemon.
- Oil – 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- All purpose flour/cake flour – 2 tbsp.
- Bread crumbs – 3/4 cup.
Read More: Egg Bacon Ramen
- Break the noodles into small pieces (do not drop the whole noodle block) before preparing them. Prepare instant noodles with taste maker according to the instructions given on the pack. Let it cool.
- Boil potatoes and green peas in microwave or cooker. Mash the boiled potatoes and peas well lightly.
- Drop finely chopped carrots and capsicum in hot water for 2 mins and strain.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan. Add finely chopped green chilies, fry well.
- Add finely chopped onions with ginger-garlic paste and fry slightly till they are translucent. Cool the mixture.
- Mixer the bread slices to a coarse powder.
- Mix well all the ingredients (mashed potatoes and peas, carrot and capsicum, mixture of chilies, fried onion and garlic-ginger paste, lemon juice, powdered bread) in a bowl.
- Add salt, garam masala and chaat masala as per taste and mix well.
- Add cooled cooked noodles to the bowl and mix. (Mix gently to avoid the noodle turn into paste).
- Make croquette of 2 ” wide and 3/4 ” thickness approximately with the mixture.
- Make a slurry out of all purpose flour and whisk well to form a thin paste. It should neither be very thick nor very thin.
- Drop one croquette at a time in the slurry and coat it with bread crumb.
- Add a few tbsp of oil on a thick hot frying pan and shallow fry the croquette on both sides until golden and crisp.
- You can even deep fry (make sure you rest them in fridge for an hour at least before frying).
- Repeat the process for all the croquette.
- Sprinkle chaat masala over the cutlets and serve hot with tomato sauce.
Read More: Noodle Samosa
- The process of dipping the cutlets in slurry and coating them with bread crumbs is optional.
- If croquette is not holding its shape mix another bread slice (run in the mixer to powder).
- Adding taste maker while making noodles is optional.
Source: The Chef and Her Kitchen