This Vegetable Cellophane Noodle Salad recipe is rich in Vitamin B6 and beta-carotene along with iron, folate & potassium.
- Four 1.75-ounce packages dried cellophane noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 6 ounces jicama, peeled and julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Cucumber—peeled, seeded and cut into 1/3-inch dice – 1 medium
- Jalapeño, seeded and minced – 1 no.
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
Read More: Indian Style Maggi Masala Noodles
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, put the cellophane noodles in a large bowl with warm water. Let the noodles stand until pliable, about 20 minutes; drain. Using scissors, cut the noodles into 6-inch lengths.
- In a small skillet, toast the sesame seeds over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the honey and sesame oil.
- Add the cellophane noodles to the boiling water and cook until al dente, about 3 minutes; drain. Return the noodles to the pot, fill it with cold water, then drain again. Transfer the noodles to a large bowl. Add the jicama, carrots, scallions, cucumber, jalapeño and bean sprouts and toss again. Add the soy sauce dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a platter. Sprinkle the salad with the peanuts and toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Read More: Paneer Maggi
Source: Food & Wine
Recipe by: Shanu Danyel Hergatt