Red Curry Peanut Noodles is a healthy noodle recipe with a good source of calories, fiber, protein and has an appealing chewiness.
- 3/4 pound whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/3 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts (2 1/2 ounces)
- 2 scallions, white and green parts quartered and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup salted, roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Lime wedges, for serving
Read More: Chow Mein Noodle Bird’s Nest Cookies
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until it is al dente. Drain the spaghetti and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain very well.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the peanut butter with the lime juice, red curry paste, stock and 1/4 cup of the cilantro leaves and puree. Season the sauce with salt.
In a large bowl, toss the spaghetti with the peanut sauce, bean sprouts, scallions and carrot until well coated. Season with salt. Transfer to bowls and sprinkle with the remaining cilantro leaves and the peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
Source: Food & Wine
Recipe by: Melissa Rubel Jacobson