Soba Noodles with Poached Eggs is a Light & nourishing breakfast recipe using soba noodles and onsen (japanese soft cooked eggs).
- 1 1/2 ounces kombu (two 12-by- 1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon instant dashi
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 4 large eggs
- 6 ounces daikon, peeled and finely grated
- Thinly sliced roasted, salted nori, for garnish
Read More: Non sticky masala maggi
- In a medium pan, mix the kombu with eight cups of water and heat it on low flame. Stir with instant dashi and take away the pan from the heat; let it cool for half-hour. Strain the broth using a fine-mesh sieve; the solids can be discarded or reserved for one more use. Bring the broth to the pan, season with salt and cook on low flame. Add the noodles and cook till hard. Divide the noodles and broth among four bowls.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan of cooking water on low flame, break every egg into a little bowl and gently pour in the cooking water. Cook till the whites gets firm and the yellow still remains liquid. Transfer the eggs on a paper towel–lined plate and let it dry. High every bowl of noodles with an egg. Spoon a tablespoon of radish next to every egg, then garnish with nori.
- Serve hot
Note: The broth can be refrigerated for 2 days
Source: Food & Wine