- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into three equal pieces
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (if including the optional browning step)
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely shredded
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (2-inch) piece recent ginger, raw and cut
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise and coarsely shredded (white and green parts)
- 1/4 pound cremini or button mushrooms, brushed clean and coarsely shredded
- Low-sodium soy sauce, for seasoning
- Sesame and/or chile oil, for seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds recent ramen noodles
- 8 giant eggs (optional)
- four green onions, finely shredded (white and pale green parts)
Read More: Homemade Ramen with Bacon & Soft-Boiled Eggs
- Season the pork with salt.
- This step and also the next are optional: place a flame-retardant slow cookware insert on the stovetop over medium-high heat, then add the oil and heat till hot. (Or, use a skillet for this step). operating in batches if necessary to avoid crowding, add the pork pieces and sear them on the primary aspect while not moving them till well browned, three to four minutes. flip the items and sear on the second aspect till well browned, three to four minutes longer. Transfer to a plate and put aside.
- Pour off just about a pair of tablespoons of the fat from the insert and return the insert to medium-high heat. Add the yellow onion and sear, while not stirring, till browned, about five minutes. Stir within the garlic, ginger, and one cup of the broth and deglaze the insert, stirring and scraping up any browned bits from the insert bottom, then let simmer for one minute.
- If you have got included the browning step, transfer the insert to the slow cookware, add the leek, mushrooms, and also the remaining seven cups of broth, and stir to mix. If you’re beginning here, mix the pork, yellow onion, garlic, ginger, leek, mushrooms, and broth within the slow cookware. cowl and cook on the low-heat setting for eight hours. The pork ought to be terribly tender and also the broth ought to be fragrant.
- Transfer the pork to a board. using a pair of forks, break the pork into bite-size chunks, removing and discarding any giant items of fat. Strain the broth through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and discard the solids. employing a giant spoon, skim off and discard any fat from the surface of the broth. return the pork and broth to the slow cookware and season to style with condiment and Sesamum indicum and/or Chile oil. cowl and cook on the low-heat setting for concerning half-hour to heat through.
- Cook the ramen noodles in step with the package directions. If you wish to prime every bowl of ramen with an egg, place the eggs into boiling water and simmer for five to six minutes. take away the eggs from the water, let cool till they will be handled, and peel them.
- Divide the noodles equally among individual bowls. Ladle the broth and pork over the noodles, dividing them equally, then sprinkle with the green onions. If desired, prime every bowl with a halved soft-boiled egg and serve quickly.