Here’s a fast and flavorful pot of soup that may heat you to your bones and find you thru cold and flu season – Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup with cilantro, avocado and lime. It can be simply created by subbing chickpeas for the chicken, which, seriously is simply pretty much as good, if not higher.
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion- diced
- 4 garlic cloves- rough shredded
- 1 – 1 1/4 lbs. chicken breast diced into cubes (or 2 cans chickpeas, drained)
- Coriander – 1 teaspoon.
- Dried Mexican oregano (or some bay leaves) – 1 teaspoon.
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste.
- Chili powder – 2 teaspoon.
- Cumin – 2 teaspoon.
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoons chipotle powder or cayenne, or to style
- Tomato diced – 1 no.
- Tiny can diced green chilies (optional) – 1 no.
- Chicken stock – 4 cups.
- Water – 4 cups.
- Dry linguini noodles (or pasta, or gluten-free or rice noodles) – 4 ounces.
- Juice of 1 lime
- Garnish with avocado slices, recent cilantro, scallions and lime
Read More: Gluten Free Instant Noodle Cups
- In a very massive heavy bottom pot or dutch oven, saute onion in 1-2 T oil over med-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and garlic. Saute 5-6 minutes till it begins to brown, stirring usually.
- Add salt and spices, oregano and cook one additional minute. Add tomato, chilies, stock and water and convey to a rolling boil high heat.
- Once boiling, add pasta, resisting the temptation to feature more( it’ll swell). wake up a boil over again, flip heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes or till pasta is completed cookery.
- Squeeze the lime, taste, alter salt if necessary.
- Place in bowls and prime with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro and scallions and serve with a wedge of lime.
- Note: if substituting chickpeas, sauté with the garlic for simply a handful minutes before continued with the instruction. You’ll be able to additionally use each chickpeas and chicken for a heartier version.
Source: feasting at home