- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion- diced
- 4 garlic cloves- rough shredded
- 1 – 1 1/4 lbs. chicken breast diced into cubes (or 2 cans chickpeas, drained)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano (or some bay leaves)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoons chipotle powder or cayenne, or to style
- 1 tomato – diced
- 1 tiny can diced green chilies (optional)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 4 ounces dry linguini noodles (or pasta, or gluten-free or rice noodles)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Garnish with avocado slices, recent cilantro, scallions and lime
Read More: Gluten Free Instant Noodle Cups
- In a very massive heavy bottom pot or dutch oven, saute onion in 1-2 T oil over med-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and garlic. Saute 5-6 minutes till it begins to brown, stirring usually.
- Add salt and spices, oregano and cook one additional minute. Add tomato, chilies, stock and water and convey to a rolling boil high heat.
- Once boiling, add pasta, resisting the temptation to feature more( it’ll swell). wake up a boil over again, flip heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes or till pasta is completed cookery.
- Squeeze the lime, taste, alter salt if necessary.
- Place in bowls and prime with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro and scallions and serve with a wedge of lime.
- Note: if substituting chickpeas, sauté with the garlic for simply a handful minutes before continued with the instruction. You’ll be able to additionally use each chickpeas and chicken for a heartier version.
Source: feasting at home