A Farmer’s Ramen is delicious recipe of homemade ramen and full of proteins. This recipe is good for people who are looking for weight gain.
For the broth:
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 2 small Japanese leeks, or 4 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 bone-in free-range chicken thighs (or 8 wings)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBS rapeseed or sesame oil
For the noodles:
- TBS sesame oil
- 2 c. flour
- Eggs, at room temperature – 2 nos.
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
For the toppings:
- 4 eggs
- 1 small bunch chopped bitter greens, such as bok choy or kale
- 3 TBS finely chopped Japanese leeks or scallions
- 1 sheet nori, cut into eights
- Soy sauce, miso, or sea salt (to taste)
Read More: Thai Peanut Chicken and Ramen Noodle Soup
Make the broth:
- Heat the oven to 450°F. Place carrots, leeks/scallions, ginger, and chicken thighs in an exceedingly cookery pan, and toss with salt and oil. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Pour chicken, veggies, and all the juices into an out sized pot, and canopy with 16 cups of cold water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- After one hour, take away the lid. Eliminate two of the chicken thighs and place in an exceedingly little bowl.
- Cowl the thighs with hot broth and let cool to temperature, then shred.
- Continue cooking the remaining broth for an additional 30-60 minutes, till it’s reduced to concerning 8 cups.
- Strain broth into a clean pot and keep heat over low heat. Discard vegetables and remaining chicken thighs.
Make the noodles:
- Combine 2 TBS of the sesame oil into the flour together with your fingers till its breakable.
- Add eggs and egg yolks and stir together with your hand till incorporated, then knead on a flat, clean surface for 5 minutes till the dough is pliable but stiff.
- The dough takes some force to actually work it into a pliable piece. Let dough rest 10 minutes.
- Roll out the noodle dough to a thickness of about 1/8 in. employing a pasta machine or a significant rolling pin.
- Take linguine-sized noodles by hand with a pizza cutter, sharp knife or by employing a pasta machine.
- Prepare the toppings: bring an outsized pot of water to a boil high-heat.
- Add the eggs and boil for precisely 7 minutes, then take away with a filter and place directly into a bowl of cold water. Let cool, then peel.
- Within the boiling water, blanch the bitter greens till simply tender, and then raise the cold water with the eggs.
- Keep the water boiling – you’ll use it to cook your noodles simply before serving.
- Once the broth, noodles, and toppings are prepared, prepare the bowls: add a tiny low quantity of miso, soy sauce, or salt to every bowl (according to diner’s preference) and pour a ladleful of hot broth over the seasoning.
- Stir the broth into the seasoning. Divide the chopped chicken amongst the bowls.
- Drop the noodles into the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes – they’ll float up to the top once they are done.
- Take away the noodles with a filter and divide among the bowls.
- Fill up every bowl with many additional ladlefuls of hot broth, 1 egg cut into halves, some of the cooked greens, a number of the nori items, and a sprinkling of scallions.
- Serve very hot, with additional seasoning as desired.
Source: Blue Apron