- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs or breast or a combination, sliced (or left whole if using the crockpot)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (you could add additional to your liking)
- 1 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 sweet potato, sliced (skin removed if desired)
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 cups low-sodium broth
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 packages Ramen noodle soup, seasoning packets discarded (you might also simply use your favorite pasta)
- hopped peanuts, for serving
- chopped cilantro, for serving
Read More: Cheesy ramen noodles
- To make this on the Stove, or campfire: Heat an oversized pot over medium high heat. Add one tablespoon oil and also the chicken. Brown the chicken, stirring once or doubly for about ten minutes or till the chicken is cooked through. Fastidiously take away the chicken from the pot.
- Add another tablespoon of peanut oil, the sweet potato (or plain potato) and peppers. Cowl and cook 8-10 minutes or till the sweet potato is tender. Add the mushroom and cook five additional minutes. Add within the curry paste and smoked paprika, stirring till the curry paste has coated the veggies.
- In the meanwhile, get one cup of broth very hot. Fastidiously stir within the peanut butter till fully sleek.
- Add the chicken into the pot together with the coconut milk, remaining broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, peanut butter mixture, lime juice and brown sugar.
- Stir till the peanut butter has been absolutely incorporated into the soup. Bring the soup to a boil then add the ramen noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes (if using regular noodles you may ought to cook the noodle for a extended period of your time, most likely concerning eight minutes).
- Once the noodles are prepared serve soup instantly and garnish with recent sliced cilantro and peanuts.
- To make this in an exceedingly dutch oven add the peanut oil, chicken, ginger, garlic, sweet potato, red peppers, curry paste, smoked paprika, coconut milk, chicken, broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, peanut butter and brown sugar to the dutch oven. Cowl and cook for 6-8 hours on low or four hours on high, stirring if you’ll be able to once or doubly.
- During the last half-hour add the mushrooms then throughout the last five minutes add the noodles (if using regular noodles you may ought to cook them for a extended period of your time, most likely concerning ten minutes). Once the noodles are cooked serve instantly and garnish with recent sliced cilantro and peanuts.
Recipe Source: The Disaster Chef