- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skin-on)*
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp sesame or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 4 cups rich broth
- 1 oz dried shitake mushrooms (or one/2 cup fresh)
- 1-2 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 2 massive eggs
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 2 (3 oz) packs dried ramen noodles
- optional: contemporary jalapeño slices, for serving
Read More: Miso Ramen with Roasted Vegetables
- Cook the chicken*: heat the oven to 375 degrees. Season the chicken munificently with salt and pepper. Soften the butter in a very large oven-safe cooking pan over medium heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook till the skin is golden brown and releases simply from the pan, about 5-7 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for an additional4-5 minutes, till golden. Transfer the cooking pan to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, till the chicken is well-done through. Take away from the oven, transfer the chicken to a plate and canopy with foil till ready to serve.
- Make the ramen broth: Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, till shimmering. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for a couple of minutes till softened. Add the soy and mirin, and stir to mix. Cook for an additional minute. Add the stock, cover, and convey to boil. Take away the lid, and let simmer uncovered for five minutes, and then add the dried mushrooms. Simmer gently for an additional ten minutes, and season with salt, to taste.
- Make the soft-boiled eggs: Fill a pot with enough water to hide the eggs, and convey to a boil. Gently lower the eggs (still cold from the fridge) into the boiling water, and let simmer for seven minutes (for a slightly-runny yoke) or eight minutes (for a soft, however set-up yoke).
- Meanwhile, fill an outsized bowl with drinking water. Once the timer finishes, transfer the eggs to the ice bathtub to prevent the cooking process. Wait a minimum of five minutes, or till cool enough to handle, then rigorously peel away the shell and slice in 0.5, lengthwise. Put aside till ready to serve.
- Assemble the ramen bowls: in the meantime, chop the scallions and jalapeño (if using). Slice the chicken into skinny items. Set aside. Once the eggs finish cooking, add the ramen noodles to the boiling water. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until soft, and then divide the noodles into 2 giant bowls. Add the sliced chicken and therefore the ramen broth. High with the fresh scallions, jalapeño and also the soft coddled egg. Serve like a shot.
Recipe Source: Fork Knife Swoon