Note: Are you or is someone in your house vegan? Just omit the chicken, or substitute it with tofu! Everything else in these instant zucchini noodle mason jars is vegan-safe!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced (as thinly sliced as you possibly can)
- 2 cups greens, thinly sliced (I used red chard, you could also use spinach, kale, etc.)
For the “chicken” bouillon:
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- a pinch of powdered ginger
Read More: Cheese Burst Maggi Dosa
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts evenly with the 1 tablespoon of sea salt and place them in a baking dish. Place the dish in the oven and bake the chicken for 20 minutes, or until fully cooked. Let cool and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a large saucepan, heat the tablespoon of ghee or oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chopped mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms until browning and softened, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Peel the zucchini (peeling is optional), slice off both ends, and then cut the zucchini in half crosswise. Load the halves onto your spiralizer, and spiralize the zucchini using the smallest blade. Set the noodles aside.
- Add all of the ingredients for the “chicken” bouillon to a medium sized bowl. With a fork or whisk, combine the ingredients until evenly distributed. (Note: You will have more than enough bouillon for this recipe. Use the rest in future instant noodle cups, soups, or as seasoning for meat or veggies.)
To assemble the mason jar instant zoodle cups:
- Divide the chicken cubes evenly among 6 pint-sized, wide-mouth mason jars. (They do need to be wide-mouth or you won’t be able to get your soup out!) Then add equal amounts of red cabbage to each mason jar, followed by equal amounts of sliced greens and sautéed mushrooms. Top the mushrooms with 1 tablespoon of bouillon powder in each jar. Stuff the rest of the space in the jar with zucchini noodles. (These ramen zoodle cups will keep for one week in the fridge.)
To serve the mason jar instant zoodle cups:
- When you’re ready for a meal, boil one cup of water in a water heater, on the stove, or in the microwave. When the water is very hot, pour it over the contents of your mason jar and seal tightly.
- Let the sealed jar sit for no less than 5 minutes, then empty the ramen soup into a bowl. Enjoy!
Recipe By: Lina